Monday, July 25, 2011

My Words

I sure hope I am not the only one who would like to see her children use kinder words towards one another. So far I have rarely received a complaint outside the home about unkind words that my children have spoken to others BUT that is just not the case inside the home.

They aren't always arguing and bickering but it does happen. It hurts my ears when they call each other names, use harsh tones, or get offended so easily. As they get older they are getting a little sneakier about not remaining within my earshot when advancing upon their prey.

I enjoy catching John Hagee Ministries on television in the earlier morning before attending our local services. His son, Matthew, shared four wisdom nuggets that he said his father taught him while growing up that seemed quite profound to my current situation. So profound that not only did I write them down, but I also made a display to frame and keep in our classroom (dining room).

I didn't want to wait for a frame. Later this week when it is time to purchase groceries I will pick one up to compliment my dining room. I have already been able to use it several times as a reminder of how we are going to choose our words more carefully. No nagging, no yelling, no lecture...just a reminder that we will choose to love and not hurt with our words.

1 comment:

  1. Love it!!! I have already noticed this starting with my girls at 2 and 4! We just remind them to use sweet words...but this expounds on that!

    ReplyDelete