Tuesday, July 19, 2011

More Than A Conqueror


On my way to hang my bathroom rug on the clothesline to dry, I almost stepped on a little ball of fur hiding in the grass.

One of my kittens was stanced behind the blades acting as if it wanted to pounce one of my chickens who is about 3 times as big as the miniscule feline right now.

You see, my kitten thinks it's a tiger...a matter of perspective. How dare this dimunitive fleabag believe that it is something bigger than it is. Who lied to this beast and told him he could conquer that chicken? Doesn't that kitten KNOW it is too little, weak, and feable to capture that chicken?

My pastor shared one of my favorite passages of Romans 8 Sunday during his sermon on How To Be An Overcomer. Romans 8:37 teaches us that "No, in all these things we are more than conquerors through him who loved us."

Wow. Christ did the work and He's giving me the medal.

So, I will follow my kitten's lead and continue to prowl through the grass...because I am a tiger...able to conquer that situation!

No comments:

Post a Comment