Tuesday, July 19, 2011

More To Love - It's Soooo Not About Me...


I was thinking about all of you while I was in the shower this morning...tmi???

I had this wonderful nugget of wisdom for all of you that I knew for sure you could not live without. It was SO profound that...well...it has totally slipped my mind.

You see...life happened. When I got online to start blogging...well...I just had to take a sneak peek on facebook...you know how THAT goes if you fb.

A post caught my eye...a friend in need. She needed someone to watch her 4 kids RIGHT NOW so she could have surgery so she needed prayer.

Immediately, 1 Joh 3:16-18 (of course I had to look it up...but I knew it was in There somewhere!!)

"16 This is how we know what love is: Jesus Christ laid down his life for us. And we ought to lay down our lives for our brothers and sisters. 17 If anyone has material possessions and sees a brother or sister in need but has no pity on them, how can the love of God be in that person? 18 Dear children, let us not love with words or speech but with actions and in truth."

She didn't need prayer from me...she needed a babysitter from me. What's another 4 kids? Eight:Twelve...what's the difference, right?

Because I stay at home with my brood and because my husband does not particularly care for me obligating myself outside the home, I can sometimes feel a little "useless". Shouldn't I be DOING something for the Kingdom besides just adding to it??

Why do I belittle the call God has on my life? So what if I'm the pinky toe in the Body of Christ? I'm gonna be the best little pinky toe that I can be (not because of me but because of Christ) and help keep this Body of Christ in perfect balance!!

I'm right where I need to be because I was just what my friend needed in her time of need. "Thank you, God for my purpose. My purpose isn't about me...it's about You."

1 comment:

  1. I love the pinky toe!!! I struggle with feeling 'useless' some days also...wanting to do more but realize that when I listen and follow Him I'm right where I need to be! Thanks for sharing your wisdom and encouragement!!

    ReplyDelete