Monday, August 15, 2016

DIY Recipe of the Week

When was the last time you LOVED the smell of your bathroom cleaner? If your cleaner requires a gas mask, gloves, and a well ventilated room then it is definitely time to rethink this equation.

This DIY Thieves Soft Scrub recipe is just what I need for my detail cleaning of sinks, tubs, and toilets. Gentle enough to use on most surfaces, but tough enough on the stuff that daily cleaning does not remove. Like any product you would use, double make sure the ingredients are safe to use on your particular surface, and test it out...when in doubt in a small hidden area.


I find my recipe fits in a glass pint jar quite nicely. Using a wide mouth top also allows for easier usage. For even easier usage, make a batch for each bathroom for quicker clean-up access. No point looking all over the house for that one jar. You know it will ALWAYS be in the opposite end of the house of where you need it.

What you will need:

1/4 cup Thieves Household Cleaner
1 tbsp vinegar (I prefer raw apple cider vinegar)
10 drops Young Living Lemon Essential Oil (why I ONLY use Young Living EO's)
1 1/2 cups baking soda

If you have ever had to make a volcano for science, you understand why it is best to make this recipe in a medium bowl IN the order listed.

Place the baking soda in the bowl. In a small measuring glass, gently mix the liquid ingredients. SLOWLY pour the liquid mix into the bowl of baking soda in small portions and blend until you have the consistency of frosting. Usually, my measurements make the right consistency but different altitudes could change the outcome.

Place this batch in a glass jar, and cover with a lid. I do not know the shelf life of this product because I have always had to make a new batch in about 3 months time with weekly use.

If you haven't made the decision to begin using Young Living products and are ready to do so, hop on over here and I'll get you started!!

No comments:

Post a Comment