Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Why don't I notice?

Proverbs 27:23 "Know well the face of your flocks; and pay attention to your herds."


My children show me almost everyday how I need to slow down and take notice.

The kids discovered this little beauty on a tree in the front of the property. She was all moist and waiting to dry before taking flight. Personally I wanted to squash her like a...well...you know...but for the sake of the children and the fact that it hadn't partaken in wrong doings (yet!) of my foilage I showed mercy and spared her!


A few days later my kids noticed this flower growing under a small tree in my "garden" that I have not worked on yet. Since it is under a tree where many birds like to roost I am going to assume one of them "deposited" this seed while visiting. Can someone tell me what it is? I don't recognize this beauty. It is watermelon in color, about 3-4 inches in span and about 18-24 inches high.

I really like this flower and will collect its seeds for hopefully a few of these beauties next year.

Proverbs 27:23 "Know well the face of your flocks; and pay attention to your herds."

1 comment:

  1. The flower is beautiful. I'm pretty sure it's a cleome. My sister in law, about a mile from you grows some similar. I also wanted to say that I love the scripture you posted. I'm going to use it on my blog too!

    ReplyDelete