Monday, September 12, 2016

DIY Recipe of the Week: Fabric Refresher



Whenever I need to spruce up around the house, one of my go-to's is my homemade fabric refresher.

My favorite essential oil to use is Young Living's Purification, but you can substitute your favorite essential oil instead.

I have two reasons I add the witch hazel to this mixture. 1) oil and water do not mix but the witch hazel will assist in dispersing; and 2) witch hazel has antimicrobial, antibacterial, and antifungal properties...all which not only contribute to bad health...but also contribute to odors.

To use, mix water and witch hazel in a glass spray bottle. Add the essential oils and gently shake. Lightly spray onto whatever fabric needs attention. Do not saturate. Always test a hidden spot first if you are unsure of the outcome. Not recommended for use on wool or silk.

No comments:

Post a Comment