Tuesday, May 12, 2009

A Day at the Spa

I just got back from the spa. It was so lovely. When I arrived Bach was playing softly in the background. I was handed a robe and told a nice hot bath with rose and peonies petals was awaiting me.

While soaking in the hot tub I was brought a lovely cool raspberry tea drink and some candy. Having a staff of four at my beck and call was quite refreshing. After my very relaxing bath I was brought to the dining area where a fancy meal was awaiting me. Cold spaghetti and an overcooked pork chop. It was divine. For desert I had a phyllo pastry filled with melted mint chips. Yum!

After my meal I was taken to the treatment room where I received a face rub and cucumbers were placed on my eyes all while receiving a foot rub from two staff members. After my face rub I was treated to a facial from the expert esthetician while receiving a complementary magic show.

After the facial I received both a manicure and a pedicure during story and joke telling by more staff. This was all capped off with a massage from four different staff members one by one as their fingers grew numb.

Oh...did I mention that the staff were my 4 little ones ages 4, 6, 8, and 10? Did I mention that this was all their idea and invention?

You see, yesterday my kids asked me when Mother's Day was. I told them, "It was yesterday." They were so disappointed that they missed it and planned this whole thing just for me! I have to admit that I am married to a Warrior not a Prince Charming. That is OK with me. I knew what I was signing up for. My husband didn't coral the kids together to celebrate me. It really doesn't bother me. He celebrates me quite a bit during the year. He doesn't require a special day to remember that I raise, train, and educate his children with no pay check. I cannot count the number of times even on all 8 of my children's or two grandchildren's fingers and toes the times he comes home with a little something just for me. One day it might be a piece of candy, or something he saw in a thrift store, or something he finds that I mentioned that I needed in a flipant comment umpteen months ago. Now THAT's romance to me!!

I was so blessed. I wouldn't have traded it for the real thing!! Why? Because no other person would or could have put so much love into such a blessing!!

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and thoughtful gift. I love it. Who cares what day it's on!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, I am jealous :) that just sounds so nice.
    But I do have to say that I had a nice Mother's day so I am not to jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is awesome!!

    You sound like me, people think it's strange that I don't care about a Mother's Day gift. I got a homemade card this year. But like you, my family lets me know all year long that they love me. :)

    Shannon

    ReplyDelete